Tags: #Milky Way #Piton des Neiges #Volcanic crater #Earth Sciences #Astronomy
Simply stunning: Photographer Luc Perrot photographed this amazing view of the Milky Way
The image was taken earlier this month at the Piton de l’Eau on Reunion Island.
In the foreground, surrounded by bushes and trees, lies a water-filled volcanic crater serenely reflecting starlight.
A careful inspection near the image center will locate Piton des Neiges, the highest peak on the island, situated several kilometers away.
- Simply breathtaking: The Milky Way floats over a serene lake in an image which took two years to get just right (dailymail.co.uk)
- marginwalker reblogged this from harvestheart
- mybloghasadd likes this
- irion likes this
- imanic reblogged this from harvestheart
- manu-8bits likes this
- laoxipi likes this
- carlasuryadi reblogged this from harvestheart
- thecloudcastle likes this
- theknitter likes this
- tallerdete likes this
- imickeyd likes this
- ianantimatter likes this
- rdetection reblogged this from harvestheart
- casarina likes this
- harvestheart posted this